Nobody Did It Better
My James Bond is not macho compensation for lost imperial power, like Mr. Connery, or an anxious avatar of globalization, like Mr. Craig. He is a cartoon superhero in evening wear, a man whose mission is to embody — and, therefore, to transcend — a secondhand, second-rate age, to be cool and clever in a world determined to be as lame and dumb as possible.
Nobody did that better than Roger Moore.
College to Career Advice
- How to e-mail your professor
- Write Beautiful Code by Bob Nisco
- Doing Well in your Courses - An undergraduate guide by Andrej Karpathy
- Advice about resumes and interviewing by Rob Fagnoni
- Resume Advice from Terence Parr
- Cover Letter Advice from the Harvard Business Review
- Use GitHub and their Student Developer Pack
- Ranking Computer Science Programs by Research Area based on publication metrics
- Should you work for free?
- Questionable Conferences and Predatory Publishers from Cal Tech
- Incompleteness Ex Machina by Sebastian Oberhoff
- P vs NP - Scott Aaronson's survey of where we are today
- The Power of Graphs
- Graph Coloring
- Richard Feynman and The Connection Machine by Daniel Hillis
- Richard Feynman on What It Means
- Math ∩ Programming
- Seeing Theory - A visual introduction to probability and statistics
- Zero Knowledge Proofs: An Illustrated Primer
- Prime Number Patterns
- Who can name the bigger number? - Ackermann, Turing, busy beavers, and more.
- Combinatris - Like Tetris, but with Lambda Calculus Combinators Awesome! (Watch out for the Y combinator.)
- Subhash Khot’s Unique Games Conjecture
- CanvasMol - HTML5 Canvas Coolness
- Awesome and Historic Documents from BitSavers' Software Archive
- Latency Numbers Every Programmer Should Know - Be sure to move the slider.
ACM Turing Award Winners